The Assessments for this Fiscal Year are being calculated in a new way that we feel will be beneficial to you and your church. Here are details about the change.
- Previously you have been assessed 10.75%* of the previous year’s assessable income.
- This year we are changing to Real Time Assessments. This means you will be paying 10.75%* on the monthly assessable income your church receives.
A few things that the Real Time Assessments does not change:
- The fiscal year Assessment Reporting/Payment Dates: May 1 - April 30.
- Churches with an income of over $2,000,000.00 are still capped at $182,500.00.
- New Church Plants will not pay assessments for their first year and then will be on a graduated rate schedule of 25%, 50%, 75% for the next 3 years.
We have provided a new reporting form. You will be able to use this as a paper copy form or as an excel spreadsheet. We have also provided a copy of the Local Church Stat Report so you are able to see the specifics of what is considered ‘Tithes & Offering’ for your monthly reporting purposes.
*Church Plant Assessment %
Year 1 0%
Year 2 2.687% Tithes and Offerings
Year 3 5.375% Tithes and Offerings
Year 4 8.06% Tithes and Offerings
GENERAL INFORMATION ABOUT DISTRICT ASSESSMENTS
Every local church has a use for all the financial blessings God provides. If need is the only factor to be considered, few churches would send funds beyond their own ministries. But there is a biblical precedent set by the early church that requires the believer to look beyond the local church to the universal body of believerDis around the world.
The assessment your church pays is divided three ways, DSF, USF-General and EIF.
- USF-General covers the expense of operating the denominational headquarters.
- EIF goes directly to Wesleyan educational institutions which in turn provide scholarships and reduced expenses for our students.
- DSF is the portion that is used to support the work of the Northwest District. In the spirit of stewardship and accountability, it is the desire of the Northwest District leadership that you are aware of the ministries supported through the DSF portion of your assessment.
1. Support of Pastors. Our pastors constantly give sacrificially of themselves to their people. The district leadership is committed to providing pastoral care to your pastor.
- Care, counsel and encouragement.
- Mentoring relationships with young &/or inexperienced pastors.
- Provide ministry training for pastors.
2. Resources for Established Churches.
- Counsel and support for churches in pastoral transition or internal conflict.
- Research and recommendations to help churches secure top quality pastors.
- Assistance with legal & property matters.
- Leadership and ministry resources in children’s ministry, ladies’ and men’s ministries,
- youth ministry, Sunday School, discipleship, missions, evangelism, church growth & senior adult ministry.
- Scholarships and internship funding.
3. Church Planting.
- Resources for planning & planting new churches (which has proven to be one of the most effective methods of evangelism).
- The Northwest District is in the process of planting several new churches.
4. Christian Camping.
- Provide camping & retreat opportunities for families, pastors, church boards, adults, men, women, youth & children at reduced rates through Cedar Canyon Wesleyan Camp.
Northwest District Wesleyan Church
2930 Maple Ave, Rapid City, SD 57701
Questions about your payments may be addressed to the District Finance Manager, Lyz Awe.